Bale's Hot Spot
Bale's Hot Spot
March 29, 2024, 09:10:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Bale's Hot Spot!

Home Help Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Exodus News and Discussion

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exodus News and Discussion  (Read 2510 times)
Bim
1/3 of The Diabolic Trinity ;)
Lead Moderator

« on: October 18, 2013, 08:49:35 pm »

This is the place to discuss anything and everything having to do with Ridley Scott's Exodus!

Release date: 12/12/14
Cast (so far): Christian Bale (Moses), Aaron Paul (Joshua), Sirgouney Weaver (Tuya), Joel Edgerton (Rhamses), Ben Kingsley, John Turturro (Seti), María Valverde (Séfora).

Here's a pic of what Chrissy might be looking like, courtesy of Falco: http://blog.livedoor.jp/falcounderground-3rd/archives/6885197.html

That guy is soooo fired  hysterical
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BalesKeeper
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 06:50:58 pm »

I agree, I don't think that guy had a job to go to the next day.  hysterical hysterical
Report Spam   Logged

Bim
Lead Moderator

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 09:22:20 pm »

He should have at least put on a sky mask or something   lol
Report Spam   Logged

Bim
Lead Moderator

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 04:03:38 pm »

I give you... Moses!  http://www.justjared.com/2013/10/22/christian-bale-scruffy-beard-tunic-dress-for-exodus/

Report Spam   Logged

BalesKeeper
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 06:51:44 pm »

I'm getting a little of the Batman Begins vibe, minus the scraggly beard.  heat 

Thanks for the pics Bimster.  thumbs_up

Report Spam   Logged

Bim
Lead Moderator

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 12:21:41 pm »

I'm getting excited for this  thumbs_up http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/07/01/first-look-christian-bale-as-moses-in-ridley-scotts-exodus/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

First look: Christian Bale as Moses in Ridley Scott's 'Exodus'

Thou Shall Not Attempt to Outdo Charlton Heston. Okay, so that’s not an official Hollywood commandment, but the prospect of taking on the role of Moses in Ridley Scott’s Exodus: Gods and Kings (in theaters Dec. 12) did give Christian Bale pause. “Charlton Heston does Charlton Heston better than anyone,” says Bale. “But the biblical account of Moses is extraordinary, and there was lots of room for us to go to places that [Heston’s movie] The Ten Commandments never dreamed of going.” (Bale’s biggest stipulation before signing on? “No fake beards,” he says with a laugh.)

A pivotal figure in the Old Testament, Moses was a prophet who fought against Pharaoh Ramses to free 600,000 slaves, whom he then led through the desert to escape from Egypt and its 10 deadly plagues. (Along the way he parted the Red Sea and unveiled the Ten Commandments.) But the biblical journey was even more epic than the director remembered. “What I thought I knew about Moses I didn’t really,” Scott says. “Either I wasn’t paying attention in Sunday school or I had forgotten. I was knocked out by who he was and the basics of the story—it has to be one of the greatest adventures and spiritual experiences that could ever have been.”

For his 22nd film, Scott assembled an IMDb-busting cast, including Joel Edgerton, Sigourney Weaver, Ben Kingsley, John Turturro, and Aaron Paul. “When you’re Ridley, you pick up the phone and people will turn up,” says Edgerton (The Great Gatsby), who plays Ramses. “I had to battle demons of self-doubt to feel like I belonged in this club.”

Production took the cast to Spain, for filming in Almería, along the Mediterranean Sea, and Fuerteventura, one of the Canary Islands. “It has these stunning beaches,” Bale says of the picturesque coast. “It looks like a Tyrannosaurus rex could come running around a corner.” Edgerton recalls how Scott would whip out a pen and paper on set to draw the complex backdrops that would eventually replace the working greenscreen. “It would be a quick, one-minute sketch, but you’d suddenly see what’s out there,” Edgerton says. “Filmmaking for him must be like breathing.” Bale also has nothing but praise for the veteran director: “He’s got all the passion of a young filmmaker. He’s not jaded.”

While the movie delves into rather dark subject matter—“There’s nothing mild about the Exodus or Moses,” says Bale—the actors managed to keep their senses of humor. Like when they discovered during the iconic crossing of the Red Sea that Breaking Bad’s Paul has a rather sensitive gag reflex. “Over a series of takes, some of the camels had taken a dump in the sea,” says Edgerton. “I guess it didn’t smell so good and it kind of wafted up… It became a real problem for him.” He laughs. “And you don’t want me or Christian to have that to hold over you!”

So, yes, the shoot was camel-filled and intense, but even with its elaborate battle sequences, it clocked in at an efficient  74 days. “I still privately don’t know how we did it, but we did,” Scott says. “I haven’t had that much fun in a while.”

“He’s one of the most fascinating characters that I’ve ever studied,” says Christian Bale of playing Moses. “I think Achilles is described as the most passionate man alive but I think Moses would give him a very good run for his money.”

Joel Edgerton certainly looks dramatically different than he has in previous film such as The Great Gatsby or Animal Kingdom. “You take the hair off a man you never know what he’s going to look like. It’s like when you throw a bucket of water on a little dog,” jokes the actor. “When Ridley first called me I have to admit I was like, ‘Really, me—Pharaoh of Egypt?’ But he made it work.”

Weaver and Scott’s first collaboration was 1979′s Alien. They re-teamed in 1992 in 1492: Conquest of Paradise and for their third outing, Exodus, Weaver plays Tuya, mother of Ramses.

Ramses and Moses begin our story as close allies, having grown up together almost like brothers. “There’s a deep connection between the two of us,” says Edgerton. “It becomes a really complicated relationship that starts with a lot of love and companionship and ends with destruction".
Report Spam   Logged

Bim
Lead Moderator

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 02:28:08 pm »

More goodies  yahoo http://www.people.com/article/christian-bale-exodus-gods-and-kings-first-look-photos-sneak-peek-joel-edgerton-ridley-scott?xid=rss-topheadlines&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+people%252Fheadlines+%2528PEOPLE.com%253A+Top+Headlines%2529

Photos: Inside the 'Rich, Grand and Epic' Exodus: Gods and Kings

Everyone knows the story: Hebrew baby gets dropped off in a basket. Egyptian royals adopt the baby. Baby Moses grows up and rediscovers his Hebrew roots. There's a burning bush, divine revelations and some plagues here and there – then Moses parts the Red Sea and saves his people from slavery.

In Exodus: Gods and Kings, director Ridley Scott reimagines the biblical epic. While it's a huge undertaking, the director had no hesitations.

"The bigger the better," Scott tells PEOPLE of his latest project, due in theaters Dec. 12. "It's all pretty massive."

The film – starring Christian Bale (as Moses), Joel Edgerton, Sigourney Weaver and Aaron Paul – "is an emotional journey," Scott notes. And the director adds what sets it apart from previous iterations is its "realistic characters," with emotional performances from Bale and Edgerton.

"I was knocked out," Scott says of the actors, who play the squabbling siblings Moses and Rhamses.

Filmed throughout Spain and the U.K., Exodus goes back to ancient Egypt with spectacular sets and costumes fit for a pharaoh. And though there was some digital assistance, "it all looks completely real," says Scott, whose last sword-and-sandals blockbuster, Gladiator, won the Oscar for Best Picture in 2001.

"The word 'authentic' comes to mind," Edgerton, 40, who plays pharaoh-to-be Rhamses, tells PEOPLE. "It feels very rich, grand and epic. There's something very regal and austere and driven about it, and very human."

The Aussie actor, who played Tom Buchanan in Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby, says there was a lot of prep work involved with his character. And though Rhamses is a Battle of Kadesh-fighting, two-horse-chariot-commanding warrior, Edgerton was more worried about grooming than training.

"My body was almost entirely void of hair. I actually spent four months shaved and plucked," Edgerton says. "I would literally get up every morning and put on a gold skirt and work with an eagle or a puma or something around me, and I would rule Egypt. It was bizarre, but fun."

And Edgerton notes that working on a such a blockbuster production was a great experience – particularly because of his "deeply emotional" scenes with Bale ("It was a great dynamic Christian and I had") and Scott's expansive vision ("It's big and f–––ing grand").

Scott promises an even more spectacular adaptation than previous iterations like The Ten Commandments, which starred Charlton Heston as Moses: "We nailed it absolutely visually."

Report Spam   Logged

Bim
Lead Moderator

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 12:56:04 pm »

A few more pics: http://cinemur.fr/actualites/10-photos-pour-exodus-de-ridley-scott-avec-christian-bale-en-moise-15465

Report Spam   Logged

Bim
Lead Moderator

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 08:11:44 pm »

Trailer time!!  yahoo

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=120326

Man, this guy is inspiring me in ways i hadnt been inspired in a while, NS style  wink imagine the situations i can put Moses in  hysterical hysterical hysterical
Report Spam   Logged

BalesKeeper
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 03:13:02 pm »

I just saw the trailer for this the other day and I'm definitely liking CB's look.  heat  As far as Rameses goes, until I see the movie, I'm not overly excited about how Edgerton looks.  I thought Yul Brynner pulled off the look in a much more masculine way.  For some reason, the makeup makes Edgerton look a little feminine.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing this one.  Thanks for all the goodies Bimster, it was fun reading!   thumbs_up

I can only imagine how you would use Moses in the NS. 

lol lol
Report Spam   Logged

Bim
Lead Moderator

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 04:47:35 pm »

lol lol
The darkside is my place of residence  wink lol just dont tell Obi  tongue
Report Spam   Logged

BalesKeeper
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 02:27:23 pm »

lol lol
The darkside is my place of residence  wink lol just dont tell Obi  tongue

It's too late, he already knows.  hysterical hysterical

Got an e-mail yesterday telling me it was caelbim's birthday on Live Journal.  It brought back some good memories.   thumbs_up  Have you heard from Caelon lately?  Tell her I said hello if you still keep in touch.  lick
Report Spam   Logged

Bim
Lead Moderator

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 11:33:24 am »

Obi still loves me that way though. He likes trying to turn me to the light... it's a little game we play  wink  hysterical

Yeah, i got that notice too and thought: "wth, we picked some random date for that account and now it's our bday" lol I havent heard from the gasm ladies in a long time! Will drop them a line, see how they're doing. Will pass along the hello  thumbs_up
Report Spam   Logged

BalesKeeper
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 08:16:51 pm »

Obi should know better by now....there's no bringing you back to the light.  lol lol

I can't even remember the last time I was on Live Journal.  Do people still go in there a lot?  I remember Ferd used to post a ton of crap. I wonder if she's still Kermit obsessed.

hysterical hysterical
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: